Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grading with a rubric

Once you have your rubric set up, it's not hard to grade assignments with it. I open two windows, one for the rubric and one where I can see student assignments. I have my rubric typed in Word.
  • Open the student submission in the Dropbox making sure the Leave Feedback window is open.
  • Review the student's work.
  • Copy the rubric from Word.

  • Paste the rubric in the Feedback window using the "Paste from Word" button on the Advanced tab. This will paste your rubric into the Feedback box where you can mark up the appropriate grades. (Or if you want, mark up the rubric grid in Word and then paste it complete in the Feedback box.)

    I use bold or font color change to highlight the points earned per criteria. Add any other comments. Then total the points and enter that into the grade box. It's that simple.




No comments:

Post a Comment